Coastal Celebrant Claire Goodwin  
Marriage Celebrant
Justice of the Peace
Previously known by Claire Coorie
Home. About Claire. Getting Married. Other Ceremonies. Testimonials. Photos. Contact. Links.

Overseas Visitors

Thank you for your enquiry to my web site.  Our beautiful sunshine country of Australia is a very attractive venue for overseas visitors who wish to travel and marry. Each state is unique in its own way, offering so many attractions!

There are no residency requirements, you must prove to a Celebrant that you are legally free to marry, you will have to provide the same documents as an Australian citizen, you will have to prove that you are 18 years of age or older.

• All documents provided to your chosen Celebrant must be written in English or a translated copy, certified and signed by an accredited translator.

The documents required for a marriage in Australia are:

• Overseas visitors can also obtain a Notice Of Intention To Marry from your nearest Australian Consulate or Public Notary.

• Original copies of birth certificates, and passports for couples from overseas, are to be sighted by the celebrant before the day of the ceremony.

• Legally a person can only be married once at any given time.  Your ceremony must comply with the Marriage Act of 1961. If you have been previously married in another Country, then your ceremony will take the format of Renewal of Vows.

• Once the marriage has been solemnised, your Celebrant will Register the Marriage with the NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages or the Registry in the appropriate State.  You will be required to complete the application form and acquire the Registered Marriage Certificate.  

•You are advised to check with your Embassy or Government body to ascertain that your Marriage Certificate should require an Apostille stamp. Click on the links below for more information  or or Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade

© 2006 2009 2012 Claire Goodwin & Designed by Claire Goodwin    Phone: (02) 4397 1297  Mobile: 0402 573 301